Built in an oasis in the beautiful semi-deserts of Northern Kenya, Shaba was built along the Ewaso Nyiro river, at a place of springs. There is a small indigenous forest and the springs flow into the river.
Here is more:
- There are 85 modern rooms in this lodge, each of them has a private deck that overlooks the river. Rooms are equipped with ensuite bathrooms, hot and cold water, large beds, mosquito nets, razor outlets for shaving, and lounges.
- There is one stand-alone presidential suite, known as the ‘Born Free’ suite.
- There are also executive suites and standard rooms.
- The Tulia mini spa, besides a stream, offers Swedish massages, holistic, aromatherapy, and Indian treatments.
- The presidential suite has its own private jacuzzi.
- The Ozone Ranger’s Club for children provides swimming, nature walks, and bird walks for children. Adia shop sells tasteful, handcrafted gift items.
- Conference rooms are available for meetings.
- Shaba is proud to grow its own herbs and vegetables.
- From the Surpelei restaurant, diners can experience fresh meals prepared in live cooking stations while enjoying views of the river down below.
- Surpelei rests on stilts and hangs over the river.
- Chefs prepare special meals for people who have special dietary needs.
- The chemi-chemi bar, on the river bank, quenches the thirst of patrons while they enjoy the sounds of the water. Caralluma poolside bar provides snacks and drinks by the poolside.
- Guests can enjoy champagne breakfasts – live cooking and dining by the Ewaso Nyiro river.
Need Safari Accommodation?
Tell us your accommodation needs, dates of travel, number of adults, children and we will carry on from there.